Re: Read first. You'll be glad you did. Here's something to make you guys som...

>In a message dated 6/6/2000 7:16:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>www.PhantomBlue@learn.com writes:
>
><< EASIEST WAY TO MAKE MONEY EVER >>
>
>How did this get in the sinclair discussion net????????/

The spammer joined the list first.

Margaret (milamba) has already removed the spammer from the list.

To prevent this is is why I had previously had the list set up to
require confirmation from the person.  That confirmation would have
failed in this case and prevented this problem.

However, I turned off that feature a few weeks ago because of
complaints that it was to hard to use.  So at this point anyone can
join.  The problem with that is what you have observed: even
spammers can join.

A third possibility is to go to manual confirmation of new list members.
I don't like it, because people will complain about delays in getting on,
but I'm willing to do it if Margaret and Gary are willing to assist.

John