Re: John Sinkler

Dear Roger,
       I too descend from John of Exeter.  Fortunately there was a copy of
Morrison's "Hstory of the Sinclair Family"   in our our family.  I could
then easily trace my line back to John of Exeter and beyond.   Visit the
History pages on www.clansinclairusa.org
When you get back to John and you will see all of his history laid out back
to 600AD.
    You can see how to find this book and numerous others from  at the above
website from "Book" link.
    Beware that there may be errors in the Morrison Book, at least there
were when our St. Clairs got to Wisconsin.  Probably 5 errors on that page.
So do the research on your family for those people born after 1850.   There
are wonderful biographies of the earlier ancestors and some pictures.   My
ggg grandparent's picture is in there.
    There isn't much reference to John of Exeter in the discussions because
any of us related to him have already documented that part of our ancestry
from these books so we don't need to talk about it.  If you find that you
connect to Col. Richard SInkler, then you will find that he and his
multitude of nephews, brothers, etc. are listed in the Revolutionary Link
from the History pages along with extensive biographies.  There were many in
the War of 1812 but haven't put that information in yet.  So much to do.

      Now, Roger, you are going to have revealed to you one of the most
important and interesting families in the world.   Are you ready?  You will
be over whelmed with the data on them.   Hang on to your chair and take a
gulp of coffee!! Visit this website also
http://www.mids.org/sinclair/
Laurel

r Coone <roger@rcoone.freeserve.co.uk>