Re: comics

>    We have in our Sunday comics section a comic strip called Prince
>Valiant.

Here in Austin, the local newspaper, provoked by the demise of Peanuts,
ran a poll to see what its readers wanted in comic strips.  Prince Valiant,
unfortunately, bit the dust.

But one of the most popular strips turned out to be none other than
Hagar the Horrible.  For those who may not be familiar with it, Hagar
is a Viking.  He raids England every few weeks, usually collecting
a shopping list from his wife first.  His crew runs out on him when
he needs them and demands more benefits when he doesn't.  Today he
defeated an enemy by dint of not having taken a bath in a year.  Etc.
Viking chic at its best.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@matrix.net>