Re: Gathering 2000 Film?

At 22:25 16/03/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Yes I have given this a lot of thought. Given the various locations of the
>trip it is too expensive to have this done professionally but I have
>suggested on the latest information to go out that if all those who take
>video films would let us have a copy I will arrange for a professional
>editor to make a copy that can be sold. This seems the best way to record
>this historic trip without going to a lot of unbudgeted expense.
>
>Malcolm Caithness

   Dear Ian,

Sinclairs are not the most photogenic people in the World.  We are already
in the
process of filming all the Sinclair Castles and hope to have it ready in
time for the
Millennium.  The filming is being done professionally(from a helicopter);
it will be
edited (again professionally) with the commentary being given by our Chief.

I have some experience of filming gatherings, e.g.

                         The Launch of the "Friends of Rosslyn"
                         The Visit of all the Grand Secretaries of all the
Grand Lodges of
                                 Europe to Rosslyn Chapel
                         The Visit of Professor Lin Yun and his
entourage:"East meets West"
                         The "Sinclair Symposium" in Orkney

I have also some experience of the costs involved.

True, the Millenium Gathering will be an historic occasion but, to cover
every aspect of it,
would need 100 hours of filming which would have to be boiled down to 30
minutes of
viewing for a marketable product.  The Sinclair Castles are a much safer
bet.  They are
also more enduring.

Niven