Re: Toads and Politics

>It is a swamp out there.  Leaving my name off my reply was an oversight.  I
>apologize.  I rarely contribute to the list and, in my "enthusiasm," I failed
>to follow protocol.  Mea culpa.

Even though it is a good idea to mention your real name at the end of
a message, the mail address of each poster is in the From: line in the
headers of each message posted to the list.  Apparently some mail readers
don't display that line automatically, but most if not all have an option
to display it.  That line is also displayed in the archives:
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/archive/

Margaret, maybe we should add some web pages about that, in addition to
the ones about how to post plain text.

Speaking of which, I would like to encourage posters to, as someone else
already said, turn off HTML and use plain text.  For how, see:
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/mail/index.html

And regarding this comment:

>Some days I get excited waiting for the response
>that I know will follow certain postings
>Though I dare not post a reply myself for fear of being eaten.

Personally, I've never seen anyone get eaten online,
and I suspect the members of this list would get
too involved in debating the merits of catsup vs.
salsa, etc., to remember to actually do so. :-)

John S. Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>