Sinkler/Sliver of Harford Co MD and York, Co PA

Hi, I am new to this list.  My grandfather's name was Charles Sinkler Sliver b. 1907 in York Co PA.  His parents were Mathew Evans Stanley Sliver and Sarah Elizabeth Combs, both of Harford Co MD.  Stanley's parents were Moses S. Sliver and Rachel Ann Norris.  My grandmother told me that my grandfather was named after his grandfather, Moses S. Sliver - so, I believe the S. stood for Sinkler.

Also, on the 1870 Harford Census, in the 5th district, there is a listing for a St. Clair Sliver.....

Does anyone have any information on how these two families are related?  We believe that Moses' parents were John and Rachel Sliver, and that John's parents were  ????? and Elizabeth (source of Rachel and Elizabeth are bible record and grave marker).

This is all the information that I have, except for the wife and children of St. Clair Sliver on that census.

Dawn