it's fixed now

It seems we had a mail loop.  Someone's vacation program wasn't quite
configured correctly, and responded to every message to the list with
another message.  I've removed her from the list for the moment.
Don't worry; I'll put her back on as soon as I'm sure her vacation
program is turned off.

Meanwhile, several of you have sent requests to get off the list.
Gary's advice is good, but the problem is now fixed, so I ask
you to please bear with us.  Besides, all the messages you were
going to get are already in your mailbox, so it wouldn't do you
any good to get off the list now.

Last night's digest has already gone out, unfortunately, but I have
removed all the looped messages from the digest that will go out tonight.

I think this is only the second time we've ever had such a loop on this list.
For that we're fortunate.

Nonetheless, I apologize for not catching it sooner.  This sleeping stuff
is hazardous to the list. :-)

I am taking steps to ensure that other people will be handling the list
when I'm offline.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>