Re: Leif Eriksson Celebrations

We plan to travel to the North East next summer and would love to hear more about these and other activities going on.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 1:07 PM
Subject: Leif Eriksson Celebrations

Dear Laura,

This would seem to tie in with your own expected arrival in America.  Perhaps, we can
arrange a link-up.

Niven

Dear all
Susan Green Grady has sent me information re next year's celebrations. It
can be found on www.leif2000.org/Events.htm. There is to be a Viking
Exhibition at the Smithsonian next summer and an Assembly in Philadelphia,
Pa. in October with a dinner on 9th October. There will be a gathering of
ships in August at L'Anse Aux Meadows, Newfoundland hoping to be in Halifax,
Nova Scotia on Aug 26/27th.
Are there any plans to participate in these events? I will try to come to
something if it makes sense and helps beat the drum. It might help to cement
the good work done by Niven on his recent trip. Thoughts please. There was
an article in The Times here last week saying the Northern Scots got to USA
in 800's before the Vikings. It was likely to have been a Sinclair of Viking
descent!!
Malcolm