Sinclair Motto "Commit thy verk to God"

Further to Lena's message confirming "verk" is Swedish/Scandinavian for work,
I  can also confirm that it means the same in modern Norwegian, more in the
sense of "creation". I do not know, however,  whether its roots are in modern
"Bokmål" "Book Standard" Norwegian which I think has Danish influences, or
the older and confusingly named "Nynorsk" "New Norwegian" which is spoken
more in the Møre and Romsdal Counties where the Sinclairs have their origins
in the Viking days, and is closer to the language our ancestors spoke. if
anyone out there has an Icelandic Dictionary, we may find further
corroboration.  Bokmål has a cousin of the German for work "arbeid" which is
more usually used for our daily labours (German "arbeit"). Our appraisal
interviews at work are democratically termed "medarbeider samtaler"
"fellow-worker conversations"!  It's likely"verk" is of Viking origin but we
are still speculating!

Yours aye

Iain