Re: Alexanders and other family names.

Congratulations on a crowning achievement, Margaret!
I'm sorry.  I couldn't help it.  Puns come from the
other side of the family.  Sons are great, but there's
something about having a daughter that is really
super-special.  (And I always thought I wanted just
lots of sons.)  A friend of my mother's gave me this
old saw when I had mine, author unknown:

     A son is a son 'til he takes him a wife.
     A daughter's a daughter for all of her life.

I don't make any claims to knowing how true that is
since none of mine have married yet, damn it, but it's
a nice thought. --  Penny

=====