Laird/Sinclair

Joan

Thanks for your note.  My given name leads to a lot of misdirected e-mail - especially at
work, where it also forms part of my e-mail address.

I can confirm from my own transcription of the IGI:

1784 JOHN LAIRD married	MARY SINCLAIR 1784 CANISBAY
They had the following children:
1784 ANDW. LAIRD
1786 JOHN LAIRD
1790 WILLIAM LAIRD
1792 ELIZABETH LAIRD
1794 JEAN LAIRD
(All Canisbay)

JOHN LAIRD is possibly the son christened by WILLIAM LAIRD and JANNET SINCLAIR in 1758.
WILLIAM LAIRD married JANET SINCLAIR in 1756.

I can also confirm:

1789 JAMES LAIRD married MARGARET WARSE in Canisbay.

I am still missing my link!

I trust this assists. I have recently come across a database of Orkney Lairds and will let
you have the reference shortly.

Yours aye

Iain Laird