Greetings to members of the Sinclair List;
I have been attempting to keep in contact with an number of Sinclairs from Argyll and would also ask for your help. If you want to stay informed of Argyll specifically and want to send me directly at Rinsin@globalserve.net your e-mail address I will add you on to the Argyll Net and keep you updated on research until it gets posted on the Sinclair site. Please do read Karen Mathesons posted article on some of the accumulated research thus far. Secondly you could contribute as well by filing with us the following information pertaining to Argyll;
1. You full name and location and contact address.
2. Full name of the LAST ancestor known to be born in Argyll with their date of birth and location of birth. (insert farm name/clachan/town/parish if known)
3. Immediate Ancestors (parents)in Argyll if known and birth date and location
4. Immediate Descendants Full name & location of birth.
5. Date of Migration away from Argyll
6. Vessel used in migration if known and origin of voyage.
7. Reason for migration if known and notes if helpful.
1. You full name and location and contact address. Neil Sinclair Toronto Canada firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Full name of the LAST ancestor known to be born in Argyll with their date of birth and location of birth. (insert clachan/town/parish if known) John Sinclair born cira 1760 Glendaruel (clachan) Kilmodan Parish.
3. Immediate Ancestors (parents)in Argyll if known and birth date and location. Pbly belvd John & Ann Sinclair Glendaruel Kilmodan Parish unknown
4. Immediate Descendants Full name & location of birth. Margaret Sinclair etc born 1791 Hamilton PEI et al
5. Date of Migration away from Argyll 1770 to PEI
6. Vessel used in migration if known. pbly Annabelle from Campbelton Kyntyre
7. Economic establishment at age 6 to possibly obtain eligibility for ownership of land.
pbly=probably blvd = believed cira = about
This information will be appended to the Argyll study and made available to illustrate migration patterns of Sinclairs from Argyll, assist in genealogical searches and of particular interest is "first arrivals" in any geographical region. We have some material on Australia, North Carolina, PEI & Ontario.
For genealogical information and posting and searching please continue to use the Sinclair list. It works and is excellent! This inquiry is limited to Argyll and Sinclair migration patterns only from Argyll..