Bruces and records

Thanks,
That was good information.  My husband is a Bruce from his great grandmother
as I am a St. Clair from my Great grandmother. A sad thing has happened with
the Bruce Clan USA history.  The former historian died and his widow refused
to part with any of his records or books.  I assume an attempt was made by
the new historian to make copies????
    Then the house burned down and the records are gone.
    Let this be a lesson to us all to back up records and keep a copy at a
friends house.  If you have books that you cherish, make copies and use the
copies and put the valuable ones in a safety deposit box.   Be careful
making the copies.  You might find someone who already has a copy that would
be willing to make one off of theirs for you.
Laurel