Re: Re the date of St. Clare"s death

ÿþ<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=unicode" http-equiv=Content-Type> <META content="MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=GENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=#ffffff> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">John and all:&nbsp; When I was searching for the "real" St Clair several years ago, I came across the book containing the names of "French Saints"&nbsp; (my term, I forget the title of the book), and the point was made that these were individuals which were consecrated by the Norman Church, not the Roman Church.&nbsp; Only Clare appeared in the book of Roman Saints.&nbsp; I sent a translation of the French story on Clair to Niven, which he referred to earlier this month.&nbsp; I don't know what the problems were between the two branches of Catholic church, but those of Norman persuasion were obviously going their own way.&nbsp; When someone confirms this, it will clarify the matter for those who have been attempting to identify our St Clair in Catholic church writings.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Richard Ray</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>