Re: Templar graves

At 06:17 20/05/99 +0100, you wrote:

>Have any of the graves at Kilmartin or Kilmichael Glassary in Argyll ever
>been excavated and what was found? They are Templar graves and the Sinclairs
>have, of course, a close connection.
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@jump.net.

Yes, we have filmed the Templar graves at Kilmartin and at Kilmichael.
Excavations would not be allowed.  In Scotland it is very difficult to get
permission to turn a turf.  We even had difficulty when we wished to plant
trees in Gardiner's Brae at Rosslyn.

I have sketches of the Sinclairs who took part in the Crusades and who were
buried in Templar fashion at Danebury, in Essex (like those at the Temple
in London) and I will send you these if you will be good enough to let me
have your address.

The gravestone of Wiiliam de St Clair who was killed in Spain in 1330 is in
Rosslyn
Chapel.

Niven Sinclair