Re: looking for resource books

Spirit One Email wrote:

> Cousins,
>     There are a good number of books written from the English point of view
> concerning the arrival of Rollo 912 AD in France through the Norman Invasion
> 1066 but I would like to read more about what was going on in Normandy
> during these years written by French researchers (translation).  Has anyone
> found such a book.

The following are NOT in my local university library (which is a bad
sign) but I'd dearly like to see them:

Predatory kinship and the creation of Norman power, 840-1066
     Eleanor Searle

The medieval world, the Norman view
     by Emily Albu Hanawalt.

History and community : Norman historical writing in the eleventh and
twelfth centuries / History
& community
     Leah Shopkow.

--
Jim White

*** Nothing I say is a legal opinion unless that's what you're paying me
for. ***

Home page:  http://home.earthlink.net/~jaswhite/
Genealogy books:  http://www.trucom.com/ppages/jhwhite/Books.html
F&SF books currently on store shelves: