Re: Baptist Religion--A hint?

In message <004c01be6ff4$5031d8e0$2e29a9d8@bvl1069>, Jean Grigsby
<jgrigsby@bcni.net> writes

>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@jump.net.
>-------
>
>I believe the emphasis was on God rather than the name of the church in most
>cases.  You will find one branch with a Methodist minister, a first cousin
>in a different state will be a Baptist Minister, and then the Methodist
>minister's mother as a Quaker.  You can perhaps use this as a possible clue
>but certainly it is to be regarded as only that in most cases.
>Jean

Mt original message was not about "hints".  It was a factual statement,
very easily substantiated from easily verifiable documents.

I can give Jean Grisby and any one else who needs it the data.

My much loved grandfather, William Sinclair of Roadside, Freswick,
Caithness, was preses of Keiss Baptist Church, the first Baptist Church
in Scotland.  Prses is Latin  for leader.  No comment.

--
Jean Haddow