Thurso

-------

In a family history I have, wrote back in the 40's by a great uncle of
mine, it  states; General Arthur St. Clair was born at Thurso Castle,
Scotland, March 23, 1743. He was the son of Sir William St. Clair, and
grandson of the Earl of  Rosslyn. Since I am new to genealogy and am not
sure where to find everything, I wonder if this agrees with records someone
else may have. I don't think my great uncle was ever in Scotland, and there
sure was no internet, so things had to be handed down through the family. I
know how stories can change over the years!