Re: The Sinclair Saga by Mark Finnan

-------

JTC111@aol.com wrote:

> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@jump.net.
> -------
>
> Does anyone know how I can purchase a copy of The Sinclair Saga by Mark
> Finnan?
> Thanks,
> Jim

	I spoke with Jim Lorimer who is the publisher of Formac Publishing who
comissioned The Sinclair Saga by Mark Finnan...It was originally due in
March and will now come out in Spring - late May probably.

	Bob Hutt, who is producing two one-hour documentaries on Henry entitled
The Prince and the Grail reported last week that they will not be ready
until late summer - they were also originally due in March. Finnan wrote
the scripts for these shows and his book is based on these scripts. The
shows will air on Vision TV Canada and I think PBS in the US but I will
post when we know for certain.

	We are hoping that both Mark and Bob will be available for the AGM of
the Clan Sinclair Society of Nova Scotia - April 11th at the Armdale
Yacht Club in Halifax at 2 pm - if any of you wish to make the journey.

	The NS Clan will also unveil plans for this year's Henry Sinclair
Celebration in Guysborough scheduled for July 10th and 11th. Scott
Sinclair (who designed the great monument to Henry at Boylston Park that
was unveiled at last year's 600 Anniversary Celebration) has some great
ideas for this year's event! It will include a medaevil feast and an
outdoor show at the monument. We are also considereing a Geneological
Day on the 11th where people could come and search their line. We'd have
to get some of the best to make it work.

	Jean? John? Who might be available? Nova Scotia is stunning in July.
Last year it was 90 degrees for the two days of the event - I thought
Malcolm (Caithness) was going to wilt!

	By the way - did any of you see the picture of the monument in the
January issue of the U.S. Wooden Boat Magazine? It was black and white
and they had the dates wrong for Henry's landing - but there it was.

	We also hope to have local historian Elizabeth Ross as a guest speaker
for the AGM. She spent several years retracing Henry's journey around
the province and in Scotland and the Orkneys and has put together quite
a presentation. We will also view the Rosslyn Chapel tour video. Lunch
will be served. Should be fun!

	Hey Rory - you should join us!

					rob