Re: AUTOPOST: Guest Book Entry [Shirley Vaughn]

-------

Shirley, you are in luck,
Miriam St. Clair b. Hardwick, VT Oct. 3, 1794 m. 7 Sept 1817 George
McKinstry; res. IL
She had 11 siblings.  I have all that info on each of them.
Miriam's parents were James St. Clair b. Newmarket NH in 1757.  He enlisted
from Meredith, NH in 1776 in the Rev. War (much information on his military
service)
On Jan. 7, 1779, being then "a Continental soldier," he purchased 65 acres
in Sandwich, NH.....more on his military service, his life and a visit with
Gen. Arthur St. Clair 18 months before the General's death and helped the
General with his corn crop.
Married Sarah, daughter of Philip Hung of Haverhill, NH and later of
Sanbornton, NH.  She was born June 5, 1759 and m. in 1783, d. in Barre, in
the part now Albion, NY (whatever that means?) on Mar. 10, 1834.  He spelled
his name Sinclair or Sinclear until late in life when he changed to St.
Clair (as did my line of Sinkler/Sinclears who lived in PA briefly)   And
there is a picture in the Morrison Book of James and Sarah.

James was the s/o Thomas Sinkler b. South Newmarket, NH in 1721. There are a
couple pages of info on him.  He was also a soldier of the Rev. enlisted
1777 discharged Sept 1777.  d. Hardwick, VT., 7 Dec. 1796.  His wife's name
is unknown but they had 5 kids.

Thomas' parents were:  Joseph Sinkler b. Exeter, NH about 1692.  He was an
original proprietor of Gilmanton, NH.  ......d. after 3 Sept 1767
His wife's name was Elizabeth Lyford .  They had 4 children

Joseph's parents were: James Sinkler b. Exeter, NH 27 July 1660 and remained
there always. Took part in King Philip's war at age 16....... He married
Mary Scammon d/o Richard and Prudence Waldron Scammon.  Mary was born 31 May
1673. James d. 23 July 1731.  His will is very interesting.

James' parents were: JOHN SINKLER of Exeter. John was the immigrant from
Scotland from which so many of us descend.  He came in early spring of 1638
to MA.  He came to Exeter as early as 1658.  He married Mary ? and after her
death he m. 2nd Deborah ?.  Several pages about him.

Now Shirley, you must visit our web page an submurge yourself in the
ancestry of this John Sinkler that will take you back to Prince Henry St.
Clair/Sinclair that arrived in Nova Scotia on June 2 1398.  This last year
was the 600th celebration of that event.  There are many books, pamphlets,
videos, etc. with supporting evidence.  Henry's ancestry continues back
through the movie of "Brave Heart", back to William St. Clair cousin to
William the Conqueror, back, back, to Rollo the Viking from Norway in 912.

I hope you are really excited by now.  And I might be interested in your
McKinstry's.
Send me your address and I will send you copies of these pages.
laurel@spiritone.com