Re: more questions and info on the Clan

-------

Laurel --

This was also on the Tartan site URL I just sent , but I am forwarding the
full article in the belief it will be of general interest :::::
*******************
Wearing Ladies Sashes

The correct method of wearing Ladies Sashes :

These three versions have the approval of Sir Thomas Innes of Learney, one
time Lord Lyon King of Arms. They also appear in Frank Adams book, "The Clans
Septs and Regiments of the Scottish Highlands", and in "Tartans and Highland
Dress" by
MacKinnon of Dunakin.

1) The sash is worn over the right shoulder, across the breast and secured by
brooch on the right shoulder. This style is worn by clanswomen, women of the
clan surname and septs by birth or marriage.

2) The sash is worn over the left shoulder, across the right breast and
secured with a
brooch on the left shoulder. This style is worn by Lady Chiefs,
chieftainesses, the
wives of clan chiefs and chieftains, and the wives of colonels of Highland
regiments.

3) The sash is worn over the right shoulder and tied in a bow, or secured with
a pin,
at the waist on the left. This style is worn by ladies who have married out of
their
clan but who still wish to use their original clan tartan.