Re: St. Clair Counties--A Tally?

-------

>The mention of St. Clair County, Michigan reminded me of several questions
>that had occurred to me:
>
>		How many St. Clair/Sinclair counties are there in the USA?

Four, in Alabama, Illinois, Michigan, and Missouri.
The one in Illinois is by far the largest, with 1/4 million people,
and the one in Missouri is the smallest, with 8,000 people.

They each have about the same land area, around 1.7 million square kilometers.
The Michigan county has far more water than the others.

This is all from U.S. census online documents.

>		Have we compiled a listing that discusses the origin of each?
>
>A resource such as this might be of interest to many of us.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

>Chris

John
[