From: Antonia Sinclair <asflwr@cujo2.icom.ca>
To: sinclair@jump.net <sinclair@jump.net>
Date: Saturday, February 20, 1999 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: Ontario Sinclairs

>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
>[ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
>-------
>
>Hello Sandy,
>
>Welcome to the club!  My husband's name is Sandy as well, and it looked
funny to see his name on the screen.  He won't touch the computer!

>Can you tell me anything more about your Ontario Sinclairs?  Where were
they from, and where did they go?  I'll see if I have any info on them.

>TO KEN:
>
>Re Yours Aye Yours, etc.
>
>I always thought it was "Yours Aye", meaning Yours Ever.  Maybe I'm wrong,
but
>I did wonder about that too.
>
>Anyone else?
>

>TO MARGE;
>
>I've re-read "The Sinclairs of Roslin, Caithness, and Goshen" by the Rev.
Maclean Sinclair (1901), and although there are literally hundreds of
Sinclairs
>listed in Nova Scotia, I could not find your Lewis Frank S.  There is one
family that does use the name "Lewis":

>Lewis, b. 1838, son of William, son of Alexander, 2nd son of William
Sinclair in Shurery, Caithness.  He died in Newfoundland "was married and
left children".

>William married Isabel Macdonald, who had an older brother named Lewis, so
that's probably the root of the name in that particular family.

>There are several Archibalds mentioned , but it is too complicated for me
to untangle them.If you are interested in the booklet, I suggest contacting
Rory Sinclair (rory.sinclair@accglobal.net) to order a copy.  I think it's
only about $12, plus shipping and handling (he is the secretary of the
assoc. in Canada)

>TO ALL U.S. COUSINS:  I HAVE TO ADMIT MY IGNORANCE, I DON'T KNOW ALL THE
ABBREVIATIONS FOR YOUR STATES.  I GET PARTICULARLY CONFUSED WITH THE ONES
WHICH
>START WITH THE LETTER 'M'.  My atlas is packed in a box somewhere,  so
which state is "ME."?

>That's all for now.
>
>Toni S.
>

>[
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
>[ For subscription, unusubscription, or other instructions, see
>[  http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
>[ or send mail to majordomo@zilker.net with this single line in the body:
>[  info sinclair
>[
>[ To unsubscribe, send a message like this:
>[
>[           To: majordomo@zilker.net
>[
>[           unsubscribe sinclair