Re: Sinclair Clan Gathering?

-------

If I remember correctly the Sinclairs have been invited by Lord Malcolm to
assemble in Scotland by July 30th 2000.  The Clan Gunn will be in Caithness
the previous week so July 30th (Sunday) will be an overlap during which the
two Clans can get together.  Many wonderful events and places are being
arranged for including the visiting of Castle Mey (in Caithness and
presently being vacated by Queen Mother, Mary), Rosslyn Chapel and Castle
and to Orkney.
I would think that the main website will eventually carry more information
on this.  I too wonder where we will all stay?

As all you new St.Clairs and Sinclairs join our discussion group hoping to
find the trail of your ancestors, be sure to start reading the history of
Scotland and especially books that tell about Prince Henry Sinclair.  Get
your hands on Prince Henry's Voyage to America by Frederic Pohl.  Very
readable.  If I don't quite have the right title, it's because it is loaned
out to a non Sinclair that declares that she can hardly put it down.

Then there are numerous reprints and historical sketches available that your
State Commissioner should be able to tell you about when you join the Clan.
Through your membership you will receive  publications called Yours Aye that
will tell you about up coming events and other historical articles plus
another quarterly which contains  historical stories about many  interesting
Sinclairs.
You can't imagine what a wonderfully interesting Clan you are part of!!!
Many of the State Commissioners (perhaps all??) publish their own
newsletters that will tell you about local highland games that you can
attend , recipes, etc.  And through the connection with your state
commissioner, you will feel even more a part of the Clan.  You really get a
lot for a small price because of all the wonderfully dedicated people who
volunteer their time and resources for all of you.  See the website for
further information.
Laurel
Portland, OR

Laurel