Re: Sinclairs in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC, Wash, Oregon, Montana, ND & SD, USA

-------

Hi, so far I haven't found any Favell's in Oregon, but I haven't looked very
hard either.  Favells and Sinclair are related and the ones I have are Metis or
Indian, except for the first guys that got off the boats in York Factory.
Nearly all of them took 'Country Wives' and some of them never went home as
they couldn't take their wives and children back.  In part that is how the Red
River Settlement came to be, it was a place for old fur traders to retire and
live out their lives in leisure.  In a book called Many Tender Ties there are
many stories of the men who could not leave their families behind, so died in
this country.

I know this isn't exactly Sinclair genealogy, but I'd love to hear from
descendants of my William Sinclair.  for now, Serena

--
kinanaskomitin nim

In friendship and sharing

Serena in Whitehorse, Yukon