-------

In message <363632D5.30257754@globalserve.net>, Margaret Rintoul/Neil
Sinclair <rinsin@globalserve.net> writes
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
>[ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
>-------
>
>Sinclair, Lord of Keswick
>My Dear Sir;
>Your correspondent is in Toronto Canada and is a lawyer
>researching and writing on Sinclair family history. Are you
>aware of any publications on family histories between the
>years 1650 and 1750, in particular pertaining to the clan
>war between Campbell and Sinclair in 1680. There is scant
>material on this side of the pond.
>Our deepest appreciation;
>Yours truly;
>Neil Sinclair
>Toronto-PEI-Argyll

I would not like to throw a spanner in the works of all this research -
but KESWICK?  I am a Scottish Sinclair, living in Scotland and with all
my roots in Caithness from way back. This where the Sinclair clan comes
from!  Now, Keswick is a town in the lake District in England.  Is it
just possible that people mean FRESWICK in Caithness - Keswick seems a
tad unlikely for quite a number of quite sound historical reasons.

I note quite a number of wrong spellings of Scottish place names and I'd
be happy to help. I'd also like to help with locating places in Scotland
which isn't too easy from the other side of the pond!

Jean Haddow, mother's family name Sinclair.

E-mail - jean@hadpad.demon.co.uk

--
Jean Haddow
[