Re: Elias SINCLAIR

-------

Jim and Barbara,

I can supply the following information regarding Elias Sinclair and Ann P.
Crawford:

Elias Sinclair
Born: 1798/1799 (census records) in SC
Occupation: PHYSICIAN
Died: aft 1860 in Kemper County, MS
Married Ann P. [Crawford] about 1820/1821

Ann P. was born 1802/1805 in NC
Died: March 1860 in Kemper County, MS of "Dropsy"

Censuses: 1840 Anson County, NC (p. 97), 1850 Meltonville, Anson, NC (p.
223), and 1860 Kemper, MS (p. 798)

Children:
(1) John L. Sinclair
Born: 1822 in NC
Married Mary C. Temple, 20 Sep 1855 in Lauderdale County, MS
Occupation: Carpenter and Farmer
Died:
Censuses: 1860 and 1870 Kemper, MS

(2) Ann Sinclair
Born: 1831 in NC
Married: SINGLE
Censuses: 1850 Anson, NC; 1860 and 1870 Kemper, MS

(3) Charles L. Sinclair
Born: 1833 in NC
Married: M. V. [unknown]
Occupation: Farmer
Died: between 1881/1891 in Kemper, MS
Censuses: 1850 Anson, NC; 1860 Kemper, MS
Military: CSA - Company I, 24th MS Infantry - Corp/Private  Widow M. V.
Sinclair received pension in 1916.

(4) Fletcher C. Sinclair
Born: 1835 in NC
Married: Rosa [unknown] about 1870
Occupation: Farmer and Druggist
Died: March 1900 in Kemper, MS
Censuses:  1850 Anson, NC; 1860 and 1870 Kemper, MS
Military: CSA - Company C, 13th MS Infantry - Private/2nd Lieut.  Enlisted
May 1861.  Dishcharged 1865 at Appomattox.  Wounded at Athens, Tennessee
11/23/1863.  Received a pension 9/6/1894 - widowed.

(5) Mary/Ann M. Sinclair
Born: 1837 in NC
Married:
Died:
Censuses: 1850 Anson, NC; 1860 Kemper, MS

(6) Mastin C. Sinclair
Born: 1840 in NC
Married:
Occupation: Farmer
Died:
Censuses: 1850 Anson, NC; 1860 Kemper, MS
Military: CSA - Company I, 24th MS Infantry - Private/Private

Hope this will help clarify the two Elias Sinclairs.

Karen Matheson