No Subject

-------

Hi,
I am trying to trace my Sinclair line.
My great, great, great, grand father William, I have been told was born
in Caithness Scotland. I believe he may have been born around 1822.I
know very little of his history in Scotland.
He moved to Ballarat, Victoria,Australia during the gold rush where his
wife died. He then sailed to Lyttelton New Zealand where he married
again.William was involved with boatbuilding.His children went on to
become a champion yachtsmen and  boat builders. He had a brother John
who also came to New Zealand. I am really eager to  find out anything
else about William before he left Scotland,and also Australia. I also
would really like to find out about his siblings and parents.

I also have found a large amount of information about other Sinclairs
that I don't believe are my direct relatives.
In the Lyttleton cemetary there are the following two graves:

Hugh Sinclair age 26
A native of Graemsay Orkney,
who drowned in the Cook Strait June 6 1875

John Sinclair
Died January 3rd 1898
Aged 61
Seaman on board the Govt. Hinemoa steamer,
his residence is noted as Wellington.

I would be very gratful for any help,
Jenny