RE: Starting to trace my Sinclair branch

Cathy,

Thanks for your description of the sinclair nose.  I was most curious about the trait.  As I was reading your message, just as I almost hit the delete button, I remembered that my father,  five generations removed from sinclairs in scotland, had a large and hooked nose.  Now my father was very vain and fastidious.  He told us, along with a huge number of other truth-bendings, that he had broken his nose twice playing basketball as a young man, thereby causing the prominence of his nose.  I wonder if he didn't just come that way, with a sinclair nose but made up one of his better-than-the-facts stories because his nose didn't fit his perfect image.

I always rather admired his nose.  I'd like to think it held the genetic connection to people and places very distant in time and space.

Thank you!!

Deb reed