RE: Ramsey, Darwin re fabric

-------

It's 54" wide, a twill (medium weight, though I've been told by several
other clans that they are going to make men's kilts out of it), and an
especially important point, it's WOVEN.  The Modern is supposedly a
prefect copy (I didn't pay to have that one test woven-it was $175 a
test run).  However, the dyes are modern and used in almost every other
tartan that he has been running in cotton.  The modern is VERY close
(the salmon is only slightly off).  I had a swatch run of this.  It is
only about 6" by 6" so I can't send everyone a piece.  We had to
specially make the dyes because they are not common ones.  I had several
meetings over this and we got as close as we could.  I am quite happy
and it looks great.  I think that's it.  Anything I've forgotten let me
know.  Oh, the totals so far are:
40 yards of the Ancient and 36 of the Modern.  Remember, we have to have
350 yards of a type (not together) to order.  Darwin