Re:

Hi Helen...I guess I am trying to get as far back as I can go and it is a ponderous task....St.Clair is used in my paternal line as far back as I have been able tofind out....In every generation and sometimes more than once or twice.  Reason..?   Gg Samuel St.Clair Simmons born in Brinton Parish near Holt in Norfolk in 1811...There was vague talk about some persons coming from France//  The families that took the name St.Clair ..from St.Clair sur l'Epte...and went to England Scotland, and Ireland.  I have been wanting to know where the ones who went to England settled...  In any case, I am enjoying what I am finding out and love the Sinclair page.     Thanks for your  help...Claire Simmons