More on St. Clare and the Sinclair/St. Clair Namesake

-------

On 06/05/98 09:10:17 you wrote:

>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
>[ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
>-------
>
>I think she was a nun and began the "Poor Clares" (colloquial) that
>followed St. Francis' example of poverty and servitude to others.
>
>I do know her following is strong and that you can get statues, etc.
>commemorating her life and sainthood.  DTR

Those wishing to find out more information on St. Clare may wish to go to the Catholic Online
Saints website at http://www.catholic.org/saints/saints/clare.html.

As to the Sinclair/St. Clair namesake, he was St. Clarus from Rochester, England.  His refusal
to give sexual favors to a noblewoman of Normandy was the occasion for his murder and beheading.
The site for St. Clarus is http://www.catholic.org/saints/saints/clarus2.html.  There is also
another St. Clarus on this list, but he is of modern times.

[
[  info sinclair
[
[