Re: Sinclair & Mowat and Ewing

-------

Hi Toni
         it could have been my letter you were thinking of. John James
Sinclair born 22 April 1836, married Williamina Mouat Sinclair on the 8th
of the 12th 1859. Williamina's mother was Barbara Mouat. John James father
was William Sinclair of Deal born 22nd of the 4th 1805. He married Jane
Niven Clark in Shaw on the 31st of the 1st 1830. Jane was a spinner and
crofter. Janes father was Duncan and her mother was Margaret Sandison. Is
there any one in New Zealand tracing John James   family? I would be
pleased to hear from you.
			Bye for now, Fiona
----------
> From: Antonia Sinclair <asflwr@cujo2.icom.ca>
> To: sinclair@zilker.net
> Subject: Sinclair & Mowat and Ewing
> Date: Wednesday, 27 May 1998 9:39
>
> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> -------
>
> Hello, all:
>
> I was sure to lose something important  during my email memory cleanout.
>
> I remember reading that someone was looking for a Sinclair who married a
MOWAT, and another (or possibly the same person) looking for EWING.  This
is what I found:

> DONALD SINCLAIR - married JANET MOWAT.  They had 1 child:
>
> WILLIAM SINCLAIR - born 1832 in Caithness, Scotland.  He married ANNIE
SMITH YOUNIE, 3 Feb. 1850 in Toronto.  She was born in 1839 (?) in
Darlington, Newcastle Dist. Upper Canada (east of Toronto).  They had:

> JOHN SINCLAIR, who married CORA VICTORIA EWING 1890.
>
> I hope this info helps,
>
> Toni S.
>

> [
> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For subscription, unusubscription, or other instructions, see
> [  http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> [ or send mail to majordomo@zilker.net with this single line in the body:
> [  info sinclair
> [
> [ To unsubscribe, send a message like this:
> [
> [           To: majordomo@zilker.net
> [
> [           unsubscribe sinclair